Documents Needed At the time of booking for the first time:
Terms and Conditions
1. This Agreement is made and entered in the above mentioned date,between Bike Hire Chennai hereinafter called "Owner",
and the one who hires vehicle hereinafter called "Renter".
2. The details of the vehicle which the Owner hereby agrees to rent are as mentioned above
3. The Owner represents that to the best of his knowledge and belief that said vehicle is in sound and safe condition and free of any known faults or defects,which would affect it’s safe operation under normal use. It is the responsibility of the renter to test ride before and rent the bike if he is satisfied. After renting if he has any problem with the bike then it is not to be consideredbe
negligence by owner but to be considered as the problem that could not have been foreseen both by the owner and the hirer.
4. The Renter Agrees
a. Booking is taken only if entire rental is paid in advance. In case of cancellation the entire booking amount is non refundable
under any circumstances. Let it be any medical reason or natural calamity or any other reason other than the owner is not able
to provide the model of the bike booked.
b. Motorcycles are rented for local city use unless otherwise agreed.
c. Outstation Use: All inter-state taxes permit fee and any other levies will be paid by the renter.
GST/VAT will be as applicable. Any other taxes levied by the govt. will be charged extra.
d. Authorised Drivers: The vehicle may be driven only by an Authorised Driver . An Authorised Driver is you and any additional
person who appears at the time of rental and signs this Agreement. All Authorised Drivers warrant that they satisfy the age
requirements, have a valid driver's licence and ful?l our other quali?cations mentioned below.
e. Cost of fuel/ engine oil is to be borne by the renter and is not included in the rental rates. The motorcycle will be supplied with decent enough petrol to reach the nearest petrol station and is to be returned with the same quantity of fuel.
5. In case of accident /Damages/ Break down/ Theft:
a. Any accident involving driving under the influence (DUI), driving without valid driver's license, road rage or any traffic rule
violation is the full responsibility of the renter. Our company or employees cannot be held responsible for such a mishap.
b. The condition of the vehicle at the time of the rental cannot be blamed for any accident or theft. It is the responsibility of the renter to check the vehicle at the time of hiring and have the problem ?xed (if any) or replaced with a good vehicle.
c. In case of any accident or break down we don't cover the towing or transportation charges from the accident location to our office. The renter pays for that or any other cost including Medical Expenses.
d. The vehicle must not be removed from place of accident until police report has been completed and the Company has been noti?ed.
e. In case of any accident you must immediately contact the nearest police station and make an FIR/accident report.
f. If you do not report accident to the police and do not comply with the requirements under the laws of India, insurance may
become invalid & you could be liable for legal proceedings under the laws of India and pay for the entire damages including
transportation of bike from the spot to the service center.
h. In case of other damages to the vehicle, the above procedure should also be followed. If the vehicle is damaged while parked,
you have to report the damage to the Company and this may result in a charge to the renter.
I. It is mandatory for the renter to ?le a police report in case of theft and to turn this document in to the Company
j. Any unnoticed accident or damage to the vehicle may be interpreted as negligence. This may result in a charge to the renter.
k. In case of Accident or Theft the renter bears the cost of retrieving the vehicle from RTO, Police Station, Court or any other
competent authority and also the cost of restoring the vehicle to in its original condition . The renter also agrees to pay the
rental for the entire period lost in retrieving and restoring the vehicle. The amount is to be paid in full and immediate.
l. If there are any minor damages such as scratches, broken parts, dent or bend for which insurance cannot be claimed, the
renter pays the entire amount. If there is minor or major scratch on the bike please understand we may not be able to remove it
orhide it with a sticker. In that case we will charge the renter for the replacement or repainting the entire part.
m. To check the rates of such spare parts the renter may call a nearby authorised dealer. We don't accept any local
made duplicate or used spare parts.
n. We may not able to wait untill the time we know the status of the insurance claims. The renter has to pay the entire amount for
the damages at the time of handing over the bike. And the renter may collect the amount sanctioned by the insurance company
once we receive the cheque. Usually it takes weeks or months to receive such claims.
o. If the insurance claim is rejected on any technical grounds or non submission of documents by the renter or the renter failing to
be present at the police station, insurance of?ce, RTO or any other place when required the entire loss is to be paid by the renter.
p. All vehicles are provided with proper locks. It is the responsibility of the renter to apply all the locks provided and park the
vehicle safely even it is just for a couple of minutes. In case of theft the amount equivalent to the current market value of the
vehicle has to be paid in full by the renter. The company pays them back the insurance amount once it is sanctioned. But it
may take several weeks and the amount will always be less than the amount collected from the renter. Please understand that
insurance can be successfully claimed only if all the procedures are followed and all the relevant documents are submitted on
time. If the insurance becomes invalid because of the noncompliance by the renter, then renter pays the entire amount.
q. The renter shall ensure that in case of accidents/legal cases, he/she will make himself/ herself available for settlement of such
cases. In case of an accident the renter agrees
to take the responsibility of any injury/suffering/death caused either to himself or any other person and the renter agrees to keep the Company, its directors and employees indemni?ed against all consequences, claims and demands that may arise due to the accident
r. We rent out the bikes in good condition. It is the responsibility of the renter to check the bike at the time of the rent We cannot
be held responsible for any breakdowns. In case of a breakdown during a road trip, It is the responsibility of the renter to ?nd
the right mechanic, take the vehicle to the mechanic shed, ?nd spares and ?x the bike properly. We cannot be held responsible
for the time lost or any other inconvenience caused. The renter has to take care of all the expenses unless or otherwise agreed.
s. All motorcycles carry comprehensive insurance. All claims to be settled as per India insurance laws.
The renter also undertakes to ?ll and signs the Company's Accident Reporting form as applicable.
6. Helmet: Please wear a good quality ISI marked helmet and do strap it. We rent helmet for Rs. 100/- ?at for the entire
period of rental. In case a Visor is broken we charge Rs.300. If the helmet is damaged or
lost we charge Rs.700 / Rs. 1000. We don't accept the argument that the helmet was used and is not worth Rs.700,either than
another similar used helmet.
7. Very important: Changing engine oil at the Right Time:
It is important to change the engine oil at the right time. You should change the engine oil of your bike and there after every
1000km. Upon request we will send the mechanic to your location for the change of engine oil for free (Only for within Chennai city usage). Please handover the bike to us a few hours every 1000km for a free service. In case of any engine oil leakage please either ?x it immediately or inform us. If the speedometer is not working please ?x it immediately so that you may not
miss the engine oil change when required. Failing to do so may cause major engine damages and you may be liable to
damages ranging anywhere between Rs.6000 to Rs.150000 depending upon the model of the bike. Even after engine seizure
sometimes engine seems to be working ?ne but you may notice a lot of smoke out of exhaust pipe. Whatever may be the reason, the renter pays for the damages, mostly invisible, starting from Rs.6000 incase of failure of changing engine oil at the right km reading or ignoring leakage of engine oil. Incase of a Road trip the renter has to ensure the engine oil level is maintained throughout the trip. It is advisable to check the engine oil level every single day before starting the trip. And change Engine oil every 1000km. Always opt for Branded Engine oil & right grade. Incase of Engine oil leakage it is the responsibility of the renter to ?x the leakage asap. We will check the engine condition again before receiving the bike. If we sense any
engine damages the renter has to pay for the entire damages which are usually very costly to be ?xed.
8. There is a limit of 100km a day for 70cc – 535cc bikes, exceeding Rs.5 per km is charged and for Harley Davidson and other
higher end motorcycles after 100km a day Rs.20 per km is charged.
9. Timing: a. We are open from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm – 7 days a week. We are open even on National Holidays & Festivals
b. Bikes are delivered and picked up from any place of your convenience for Rs.150 one way (within City). Rs.200 one way
between 20km – 40km and Rs.250 one way between 40km – 60km from our office. Delivery of Super bikes cost Rs.400 (one
way-within Chennai city). For delivery and pickup service beyond 60km contact us.
c. Bike will be delivered within 1 to 3 hours from the time of request. Please,call us 4 hours in advance for the bike to be picked
up before 7pm. Request beyond 7 pm will not be entertained as it takes time to commute from our office to the pickup point via
Bus or Train.
d. In case of Pickup, renter is expected to call us before 20th hour. Pl don't request pickup at the 24th hour. Failing to request a
pickup either by 7pm or 4 hours before the time to return the bike, renter is expected to pay the extra day's rental.
e. You should hand over the bike between 8am to 9pm. No bike will be received beyond that time regardless of the reason.
Let it be the traffic, getting lost and couldn't locate our office, accident, medical reason, the renter was delivered the bike
late in the night etc.
10. Point of Contact:All pickup and delivery requests or any other issues are to be made either by visiting our office or calling
office at +914443510020 or Vicky at +919952100400 or at +919840563179. It’s your responsibility to call us at the numbers
given.The delivery boys cannot help you with any issues you might have,including scheduling pick up or delivery.You must call
us with your questions,issues,pick up and delivery times.
11. Please keep the photocopies of Registration and Insurance with the bike itself. Please don't keep it in your bag or with you.
Renter will be charged Rs.100 failing to return the documents with the bike.
12. Please don't ask us to waive off rental for the remaining petrol in the bike at the time of returning. We will not waive off the
rental even if the tank is full. All you may expect from us is a smile and a thanks for the petrol. And don't take petrol from the
bike once you enter our office to return the bike or after our employee reaches your place for bike pickup and make us wait.
13. The renter is expected to bring the rental form (that was filled out at the time of the renting) back to us when you return the bike.
14. We cover all kind of major and minor repair costs and Maintenance costs (only for within city usage). We don't cover damages
caused by rash driving, accident or negligence. We don't cover the maintenance costs if you have rented the bike for a road
trip package in which you have to cover the maintenance. On road trips the engine oil cost is to be borne by the renter. Also we
don’t cover the cost of fixing flat tyres. Sometimes the old patches on the tube also starts leaking and the tube mouth is cut if
the vehicle is not stopped immediately after punctured. In that case the renter covers the cost of replacement of tube and tires.
We will not reimburse the cost partly or completely.
15. If there are any mechanical problems with the bike (rented for usage within chennai) renter may either visit our shop and fix it
free of cost or may fix it with a nearby mechanic (only after getting approval from us) and retain the receipt. We will reimburse
the amount at the time of returning the bike. In case renter requests for replacement of bike, it may take 4 hours to do so
depending upon the availability. We won't be able to replace bike or assist you in anyway if you are on a road trip or 25 km
from one of our branches. You are expected to pay for the repair cost, all kind of spare parts and any other expenses you may
have incurred while on a road trip. In case of a breakdown or accident during a road trip, it is the responsibility of the renter to
bring the bike to our office. You will be charged if you request us a pick up service.
16. We agree that the rates are as follows:
16a. If the renter rents more than one bike and during the usage the speedometor of one of the bike becomes faulty then we go by
the reading of the speedometer of remaining bikes and go by the average reading. If a single bike is hired and speedometer
stopped working during a roadtrip or usuage within city we go either by the gps reading or by the honest estimation of the hirer
with reference to google maps. Also please note that there is no way that speedometer reading of a group of bikes would be
exactly same even if they take the same roadtrip and should not be taken as an argument to get any waive off in extra
17. 1 day of rental is strictly 24 hours. Even one or two hours more will be considered as the second day. There is no 1.5 days.
Its ,either 1 day or 2 days.
18. Please, don't abuse the bike. In case of riding the bike constantly at high speeds, riding on uneven roads at high speeds,
carryingheavy luggage or riding more than 2 persons, applying clutch or resting foot on the brake lever while riding ¬ taking
breaks so that engine may cool down during road trips may cause severe engine and other mechanical damages to the bike.We
take the abusing of our bikes very seriously and we will make sure that the renter pays for all such damages.
19. The renter is expected to take good care of the bike and wipe it off clean and maintain in good condition.
* Bikes are subject to availability.
L = LOCAL USUAGE (WITHIN CHENNAI) R= ROADTRIP
20. Incase the rental period is extended or shortened the rental will be charged as per the above mentioned rates as against previously agreed rates.
21. Pl bring atleast 3 different original id cards such as Passport, Visa, driver's license, Pan card, Ration Card, Voter's ID Card, Postal ID, Company or College Id card, Visiting Card, Debit or Credit Card carrying renter's name or ID issued by any government. You are expected to surrender atleast one original identity proof until the time you return the bike hired by you.
22. You need to pay the rental in advance plus Rs.1000 to Rs.20000 (Refundable deposit) depending upon the bike model.
23. We don't take any booking without any advance payment.
24. General Provisions for Renter and / or Authorised Drivers
a. You or any Authorised Driver may be held legally responsible for any charges and/or litigation resulting from vehicle misuse.
b. Renter and/or Authorised Driver must inform the Company specifically where the renter intends to drive, especially if driving out of the City.
c. You will return the vehicle to the renting location on the date and time that is on the rental agreement, or sooner if we request, in the same condition as when you received it. If you fail to return the vehicle, at the date, time and location agreed to at the time of rental, we reserve the right to notify the appropriate authorities that the vehicle is stolen or missing. We will be left with no other option then to file a complaint against you to the police station that you have stolen one of our bike.
d. Further, you are responsible for the vehicle until we have inspected and accepted it, including any vehicle returned at a time and location other than required by this Agreement.
25. Prohibited use of the vehicle: Neither you nor any Authorised Driver may:
a. Permit the use of the vehicle by anyone other than you or an Authorised Driver.
b. Intentionally destroy, damage or aid in the theft of the vehicle.
c. Engage in any wilful or wanton misconduct, which, among other things, may include reckless conduct such as: the failure to
use helmets (Both ?passenger? and rider), leaving the two wheeler and failing to remove the keys etc.
d. Please don't use our bikes after 11pm till 4am. We will not be able to pickup your phone calls or assist you incase of
accidents , thefts, breakdowns, detained by the police or during any other mishaps. Please don't expect us to come to the
police station or assist you during these hours. Any usuage of our bikes during these hours will result in immediate and forceful
retrieval of bike from the renter and we will not pay the remaining rental and the caution deposit to such renter.
26. Use or permit the use of the vehicle by anyone:
a. While legally intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other absorbed elements which may adversely affect a
person's ability to drive safely;
b. For any purpose that could properly be charged as a crime, such as the illegal transportation of persons or drugs;
c. To tow or push anything;
d. In a speed test, speed contest, race, rally, speed endurance contest or demonstration;
e. In driver training activity;
f. To carry persons or property for hire (i.e. for a charge or fee);
g. If the vehicle has been obtained from the Company by fraud or misrepresentation; and
h. To carry hazardous materials, explosives, biologically active materials that are hazardous to human health or radioactive
27. Any use of the vehicle in a manner prohibited above will constitute a breach of this Agreement, making you responsible to the
fullest extent permitted by law, for the actual and consequential damages to the Company caused by the breach, together with
the Company's related costs and attorney's fees.
28. You guaran tee that the vehicle will be operated as required by this Agreement. You must return the vehicle in the same condition you have received it.
29. You acquire no title to the vehicle and no one, other than us, may transfer it.
30. We make no express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness of the vehicle for any particular purpose. In no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential damages related directly or indirectly to any breach by us of this Agreement.
31. Payment Terms : a.Payments to be made in cash/ credit or debit card (where ever it is possible).
b. We accept all major foreign currencies.
d. All bills are payable immediately upon submission.
e. GST (Goods & Service Tax) is applicable, currently 18% in India. Any other taxes levied by the govt. will be charged extra.
32. Settlement of Dispute: Any disputes and differences arising out of or relating to this contract including interpretation of its terms will be resolved Through joint discussion of the authorized representatives of the concerned Parties. However, if the disputes are not resolved by joint discussions, then the matter will be referred for arbitration of a person appointed by the Parties. The Arbitration shall be conducted in Chennai in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. The entire cost of arbitration proceedings including the professional fees and other incidental expenses payable to the Arbitrator shall be borne equally by both parties. All proceedings in any such arbitration shall be conducted in English. When such dispute is under arbitration, except for the matters under dispute, the parties shall continue to exercise their remaining respective rights and fulfil their remaining respective obligations under this Agreement.
33. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement and any matters relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the Courts at Chennai shall have exclusive jurisdiction.